Gaur Gopal Das is an Indian life Coach/Monk, Inspirational & Motivational Speaker, and former Hewlett Packard Electrical Engineer.
He is a member of the global Community of ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness).
He has been featured in many podcasts, interviews, & many Seminars.
His debut book, Life’s Amazing Secrets, distils his experiences and lessons about life into a light-hearted, thought-provoking book that will help you align yourself with the life you want to live.
“Stop going through life, Start Growing through life”Gaur Gopal Das
Format/Print Length/Language: Paperback/256 pages/English
Publisher: Penguin Ananda (8 October 2018)
About The Book
While navigating their way through Mumbai’s horrendous traffic, Gaur Gopal Das and his wealthy young friend Harry get talking, delving into concepts ranging from the human condition to finding one’s purpose in life and the key to lasting happiness.
Whether you are looking at strengthening your relationships, discovering your true potential, understanding how to do well at work or even how you can give back to the world, Gaur Gopal Das takes us on an unforgettable journey with his precious insights on these areas of life.
Overall the book is divided into 4 sections called the four wheels namely –
- Personal life
- Work life
- Social contribution
The author profoundly talks in the book about how to keep them balanced to live a life full of values and happiness.
key takeaways from the book
- Have a positive state of mind when dealing with Problems.
- Gratitude isthe key tostaying positive and Happy.
- Press Pause and daily reflect on what one is grateful for and Use a Gratitude log for the same.
- Some things in life are beyond our control and hence there is no point worrying.
- Spirituality is a way of life that helps us to connect to something above ourselves and this can be practiced with 20 mins of daily meditation.
- To be happy , one needs to shift one’s attitude from being an ice-cream (philosophy of an ice-cream is enjoy it before it melts) to a candle (philosophy of a candle is Give light to others before it melts). i.e from being selfish to selfless and that can happen through Seva (service).
So just like for a smooth ride of a car, the wheel pressure needs to be maintained, in the same way, in life, one needs to maintain a balance in the Wheel of Life through the Attitude one has and that can only be achieved through the way one aligns oneself and the life one wants to live.
The Bottom Line
Having completed the book in just 4 days, I would highly recommend the book for everyone especially for building spiritual resilience in the safarnama of life.
Gaur Gopal Das has done wonders in his debut book, bringing readers from all different paths under the spiritual umbrella of life and revealing it’s secret one chapter at a time.
Also, you can checkout other articles :